So I haven't figured out why the most random things tend to happen to me. When I was nearly 2 (I think) I broke my nose after jumping towards my mom who was seated in a rocking chair. I hit my nose on the curved rocking leg and turned into a raccoon. When I was 5 years old I was playing in the back yard with my cousins and slipped and broke my arm. In 6th grade I tripped on the playground after jumping out of a jump rope during a group game and broke my ankle. Are you thinking klutz, yet? :o) Maybe, but my current state finds me a bit baffled.
I have tendonitis of my left knee. Yeah, okay, that's not random; that's my fault for doing too much too fast in my journey to get in shape. But how do I explain shingles? Yep, I have shingles, something I thought old people and ill people were diagnosed with! Luckily I'm not in pain nor displaying other more bothersome symptoms, just a small area of localized blisters on my back that itches like mad. I guess this is my "meltdown" in an otherwise sunny life.
So what does this have to do with my kiddos? Well, for one thing I had to abruptly stop nursing my almost-14-month-old baby girl. I had been savoring my last days/weeks as a nursing momma in anticipation of weaning her in about a month or so. Being told to stop nursing her so suddenly didn't give me time to prepare. Add to this the fact that I had been away from home all day for work, so I knew I was going home to see her after a long day and wouldn't be able to nurse and cuddle her in that way. But all with good reason--the doctors were concerned that I might pass on the virus to her and cause her to develop chicken pox. She hasn't received her vaccination yet--agh! I'm praying hard that she doesn't get sick! Just the thought breaks my heart!
I'm assuming Darrin is and will be okay, but I'm not 100% confident. I just hate that I have exposed my family to this! And I have no idea how I came down with it. Thankfully Madi has handled the change with flying colors so far. She has done much better with the cold-turkey weaning than me, I believe! So I suppose the next week or so will be telling, and I'm praying there won't be anything to tell other than the fact that I am better. Only me... :o/
No comments:
Post a Comment